After the fun and frivolities of the festive break, January can seem… well, a bit of a slog. You’re back to the normal routine, the emails have resumed and once-distant deadlines now appear all too close. What better time, then, to celebrate the stress-relieving power of our animal companions…
Yes, our PGR Pets competition is essentially just an excuse to celebrate the furry (or scaly) friends that help you take a break from your research routine, or even just help you smile when you’re having a particularly frustrating day. The animal in question can be a cat, dog, fish, iguana — even a squirrel that you always see on your walk into the lab/office. If it belongs to somebody else, though, please make sure that you have their permission to share the photo.
To take part in our contest, and be in with a chance of winning a £20 voucher for Pets at Home or 20 Bristol pounds, just share a photograph:
- as a comment on one of the Bristol Doctoral College’s #PGRpets Facebook posts
- on Twitter or Instagram using the #PGRpets hashtag
- by emailing it to email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all current postgraduate research students at the University of Bristol.
- The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday 8 February 2019.
- The winner will receive a £20 Pets at Home voucher or 20 Bristol pounds. (The winner will be able to select their prize from these two options.)
- The winner will be selected at random.
- Multiple entries are permitted.
- If a photograph features a domestic animal that isn’t yours, please ensure you have the owner’s permission to enter.
- The Bristol Doctoral College may share images from the competition in a future blogpost and on social media.
Note: although we thought this was an original idea, we must credit the University of Glasgow’s PGR Service, who got there before us. Read their PGR Pets and self-care blogpost.