It’s a huge celebration for new postgraduate researchers — and, this year, we’re asking all our PGRs to mark the occasion by sending us a snap of something they love about the city, the University or their research.
At our Researcher Inauguration, which takes place on 18 October in the Great Hall of the Wills Memorial Building, we’ll be welcoming hundreds of new PGRs to the University with speeches, fun activities, refreshments and, of course, free scarves. (If you started your research degree after the November 2017 inauguration, be sure to book your free ticket on Eventbrite.)
We already have a selection of stock snaps for the Great Hall’s big screen (which may or may not feature balloons and bridges), but we thought it’d be much more meaningful to share some of your photos — especially images that encapsulate what you’ve enjoyed about your time so far.
To take part, just share a snap in one of the following ways:
- as a comment on one of the Bristol Doctoral College’s #WelcomePGRs Facebook posts
- as a tweet with the #WelcomePGRs hashtag
- as an Instagram post with the #WelcomePGRs hashtag
- in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll pick our four favourite entries at 5pm on Wednesday 17 October. The winners will be displayed on the Main Hall’s giant screen during the Researcher Inauguration and exhibited in the new PGR Hub from the week beginning 22 October.
Good luck — and happy snapping!
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all current postgraduate research students at the University of Bristol.
- The closing date for entries is 5pm on Wednesday 17 October 2018.
- Each winner will receive a £10 Watershed voucher. Four prizes will be awarded.
- Entries will be judged by members of the Bristol Doctoral College team.
- Entrants can submit more than one photo.
- Winners consent to their winning photos being displayed during the Bristol Doctoral College’s Researcher Inauguration event on 18 October 2018 and in the PGR Hub in Senate House.
- Photos will not be used for commercial purposes.