Self Care Week 2018 begins on Monday 12 November, and it’s an opportunity for all of us to take stock and think about our day-to-day wellbeing.
To mark the occasion, the PGR Hub will be hosting free events that provide an opportunity to talk about self-care — and just take a break.
Meet your Student Wellbeing Advisers
Wednesday 14 November, 2.30–4.30pm
An opportunity to meet your faculty’s Student Wellbeing Advisers and learn what they can do for you. This 90-minute session will also include practical tips for looking after yourself. Book now on Eventbrite.
Friday 16 November, 12–5pm
As it says on the (biscuit) tin, this is an opportunity to take a break, enjoy some free tea and biscuits, and relax in the PGR Hub. No booking required!
In addition, although it won’t be held during Self Care Week, bookings are also now open for the Bristol Wellbeing Therapies information session on 26 November — a chance to get tips on managing stress and anxiety, and to find how you can get support from the NHS. To attend this special session, sign up for a free place on Eventbrite.
We’ll also be marking the occasion by asking for your self-care tips — and collating them for a BDC blogpost.
Whether it’s a technique that helps you to relax or a little routine that gives you a break from your research, you can share your nuggets of wellbeing wisdom using one of the channels listed below. We’ll pick a tip at random at 5pm on Monday 19 November, and its author will win 10 Bristol Pounds.
You can submit your tip:
- as a comment on one of the Bristol Doctoral College’s #selfcareweek Facebook posts
- as a tweet with the #selfcareweek and #BristolPGRs hashtags
- as an Instagram post with the #selfcareweek and #BristolPGRs hashtag
- in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all current postgraduate research students at the University of Bristol.
- The closing date for entries is 5pm on Monday 19 November 2018.
- The winner will receive 10 Bristol pounds.
- The winner will be selected at random.
- Multiple entries are permitted.